Madeleines [Little Butter Cakes]

 Cake_Madeleine

Little butter cakes I made long time ago, first madeleine I made in my life actually. Used the molds (sold separately) with the waffles maker I have, the size was smaller than those madeleine mold for oven. Madeleine makes good goodie bag I like to bake it for my boy to bring to his friend's house for afternoon tea. After my first attempt, I bought 2 madeleine pans with different shell shape to be used in oven but the end product was not as good as this one.

Here comes the recipe, you can make it into other flavour as desired. Perhaps you want to double this recipe as madeleines freeze well, just thaw when you feel like eating it.

Ingredients (makes 12 pieces):
  • 2 no. eggs
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 60g white sugar
  • 70g cake flour
  • 50g butter, melted and let cool to room temperature
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Chocolate sauce for serving (optional)

Method:
  1. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt at high speed until light.
  2. White beating, gradually add sugar and continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and pale. 
  3. Sift flour into egg mixture 1/3 at a time, gently folding after each addition.
  4. Add lemon zest and pour melted butter, fold butter into batter gently. 
  5. Preheat molds (I used a waffles maker), spoon batter into molds all the way to the edge/top.
  6. Bake for 6 to7 minutes or according to individual's madeleine maker.
  7. Use a skewer to loosen madeleines from mold, invert onto rack. 
  8. Drizzle chocolate sauce over madeleines and serve immediately. (Optional) 
 Cake_Madeleine_1

 * * * * *
Momiji (Japanese maple), photo taken at a shrine near our place last Autumn. Leaves fell on the bamboo cover of a dried well the contrast was just superb.

Maple_3a

Comments

  1. Hi,
    Your Madeleines look good !
    I often do these littles cakes. It's a classic French recipe. The important thing is to get the "bosse" !
    We can't see it on yours...
    The best recipe for me is the one of Conticini.
    I could give it to you if wanted.
    All the best
    Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean-Pierre,

    Really appreciate it, please send me the recipe by e-mail.
    Actually, those Madeleines were made in a waffle make type plate that's why the dome were not obvious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)