Dinner tonight, cooked in the evening so that tonight will be free for preparing some ingredients for tomorrow's breakfast. The gravy of this curry has thickened by grounded almond and melted potatoes. I am sure I will eat a lot of steamed rice with the gravy tonight! Now I learnt that I can actually substitute candle nuts with almond in some cookings.
- 1 whole Chicken, chopped into serving size
- 2-3 Potatoes, peeled and quarted
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3-4 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Kurma Curry Powder
- 3 Shallots, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2-3 Candle Nuts, ground (optional)
- 2 Star Anises
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix curry powder with 2tbsp of water to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot, saute shallot, garlic, star anise, cinnamon sticks and curry paste till fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces, cook for 5 minutes to sear the chicken.
- Add in water and bring to boil. Add in potatoes and grounded candle nuts, let it simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add in coconut milk and bring to boil. Season with salt.
- Serve warm with steamed rice or roti.