Braised Pork Belly with Yam / 烧肉焖芋头

Braised Pork Belly with Yam

It should be Braised ROASTED Pork Belly with Yam actually. Cooked roasted pork few days ago and had a lot of leftover, was thinking what to cook with it. Finally, I settled on this dish with the leftover yam from making the yam cake. This is one of the dishes I grew up with, but mum never cooked this before. I attempted this dish based on the taste I remember. Pork and yam were sliced, pork slices were sandwiched between yam slices then steamed for 2 hours. I got to admit that I failed to create the original taste but it was great with steamed rice.

I cooked another dish with the roasted pork, stir fried veggies with shredded roasted pork. Porky dinner tonight...

Note: This entry has been sent to Leftover Tuesdays and round up is available here. (updated)

Comments

  1. That looks so good I can't believe it's leftovers.

    By the way, the Leftover Tuesdays Roundup is now posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you at Leftover Tuesdays. I'm also a Chinese (but S'porean) staying overseas currently. Oh, how I miss Asian cuisine sometimes.

    This definitely does not look like leftovers. Yummy! Maybe I can buy some roasted pork and try this dish :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel> thanks for organised the leftover Tuesdays event!

    Tigerfish> why not try to make your own roasted pork? :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)